RE: Brochure Text

Subject: RE: Brochure Text
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:53:25 -0500

>Hi,

>I just received the first draft of my brochure. The graphic artist
justified
>all the text. I thought I had read that text should be left-aligned because
>people can read left-aligned text easier.
>
>Should I change the justification? What is best for a brochure? Does the
>answer really come down to what I like?
>
>Tamara

I do not know if there is a rule about it, but I have always preferred
justified text. However, I would recommend conducting a small usability
study if you have the time, primarily with the people who will be reading
the brochure. Different people have different tastes, but if it comes down
to it, I would say do what you want to do.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone

Verizon Airfone JetConnect (SM) now with email
Inflight e-mail, Instant Messaging, and more...