Re: Projects available are getting shorter and shorter

Subject: Re: Projects available are getting shorter and shorter
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:35:23 -0700 (PDT)

John,

The feedback you've received thus far confirms how
little IT professionals may know about technical
documentation. This raises the issue that was
discussed here some time ago about how we, as an
industry, can educate IT managers about what it is
that we do. There are some in this group who will
argue that each of us has a responsibility to exceed
expectations while on the job (and that is true, as
first-hand experience with a highly qualified
professionals is better than all the PR in the world),
but there's still a wider audience that needs to be
educated.

In fairness to our industry though, I suspect that
everyone -- whether you're a TW, attorney, or plumber
-- has to deal with the client asking, "It's going to
take how long?" Everything is more complicated than it
seems to an outsider.

Steven Brown
Technical Writer

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com