Re: Interview Attire

Subject: Re: Interview Attire
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: surfer_924 -at- earthlink -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:36:27 -0400 (EDT)

I tried to reply to Surfer_924 but got kicked back as undeliverable so I will reply here.

We share a lot it seems. I too, retired from the Military (Air Force, 1991)and had a culture shock after getting my degree in Writing and landing my first job. I felt like a "slacker" when I showed up in jeans or tennis shoes. I got over it real fast though. I recently had an experience where I thought I would interview in my "business casual" attire and was told it would be better to show up in a suit since it gives a better first impression and I would be meeting other key people. Well, I had to go out and buy a whole new suit cause I have been growing in "other" directions since retiring.

You just never know which would be better.

Tom Green

Senior Technical Writer