Re: Interview Attire

Subject: Re: Interview Attire
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:07:59 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: August 21, 2003 09:36 AM

> I tried to reply to Surfer_924 but got kicked back as undeliverable so I
will reply here.

> We share a lot it seems. I too, retired from the Military (Air Force,
1991)and had a culture shock after getting my degree in Writing and landing my
first job. I felt like a "slacker" when I showed up in jeans or tennis shoes.
I got over it real fast though. I recently had an experience where I thought I
would interview in my "business casual" attire and was told it would be better
to show up in a suit since it gives a better first impression and I would be
meeting other key people. Well, I had to go out and buy a whole new suit cause
I have been growing in "other" directions since retiring.

> You just never know which would be better.

You can never go wrong in dressing formally. You can frequently go wrong in
underdressing.

Bonnie Granat
GRANAT EDITORIAL SERVICES
http://www.editors-writers.info