Re: Screen capture in KDE?

Subject: Re: Screen capture in KDE?
From: Sean Wheller <seanwhe -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: John Cornellier <cornellier1 -at- stavanger -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:08:14 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Cornellier"
<cornellier1 -at- stavanger -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com>

> I'd be grateful if someone could suggest a simple
workflow for capturing
dialog boxes in KDE. It's not for inclusion in product
documentation; I just
need to compare some modal dialogs.

> The env is rlogin (SGI running a Java app) with
local display, if that
matters. I can download and install, if necessary.

> John Cornellier

Hello John,

You can use KSnapshot or GIMP.

KSnapshot is just a basic screen cap program. GIMP is
a fully fledge Graphic
App with screen cap embedded.

Both work very well, KSnapshot should already be in
your KDE distribution,
so you may want to try that first. Your workflow will
depend on your choice
of application. Here is a link to some do's and don'ts
relating to screen
captures on KDE,
http://i18n.kde.org/doc/screenshots.php

These tips are for authors who are contributing to the
KDE Documentation,
but they will give you some ideas.

Any further questions, please ask.

Sean Wheller