interview and ethics

Subject: interview and ethics
From: "G. Abenhaim" <g -dot- abenhaim -at- nhc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:12:46 -0400

"If both
invest--particularly the potential employer--in the
interview and pursuit, what's $10k in the big scheme
of things? 1% of the CEO's bonus? Really. At that
point, I don't understand why companies don't "make it
happen."

I agree with you on this one. I went through 3 interviews with the same
company. They were interested and made an offer. The offer was reasonable
for someone with no experience, not someone like me. Since theire new
location was too far for me, I tried and negociated a parking space in the
deal. The woman said it was $15 a day for parking and no negociation. I also
told her that the offer she made was for juniors and a senior position is
usually a higher salary; in this case I told her it was about 5k more. She
sais it is not a problem and she is willing to speak to her boss and
hopefully offer me something better since they needed someone so badly so
fast.
I never heard from them again. I followed up like a good girl and sent an
email asking what happened. She replied by saying her boss stood on the
offer and since I refused it, they perceived my answer was negative and thus
concluded I was not interested.

I personally think it is a disgrace to have employers like that out there. I
was happy that I refused it. I guess it's true what they say that everyone
is replaceable.

Just my share on unethical way of doing things.

/G