RE: RE: interview and ethics

Subject: RE: RE: interview and ethics
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: JPosada -at- book -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 25 Aug 2003 21:47:25 GMT

*Every* agency, no, because most of my contacts with
agencies through the years have been situational, that
is to say once the position we initially made contact
about has been resolved one way or the other I never
heard from them again anyway. If they happen to send
out periodic emails, then I will reply with a message.
I also have a list of recruiters I've worked with
repeatedly over the years, both as a candidate and as
a hiring manager, and these I do actively notify. While looking either for a position for myself or someone to
fill a position I have, I touch bases with them more or
less monthly, then let them know when the need has passed.

As far as "ethics vs manners," my take on it is that
treating other people the way I'd expect them to treat
me *is* a matter of ethics. This is especially true if
I specifically *tell* them I'm going to keep them informed.
In my book, not doing what I say I'll do would make me a
liar, and how much more of an "ethics" matter could that be?

Gene Kim-Eng