Re: interview and ethics

Subject: Re: interview and ethics
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:51:41 -0400

From: "Cindy Kight" <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- DataMaxGroup -dot- com>

Regarding G. Abenhaim's statement: 'I thought it was poorly done in the HR
ethical way of doing things.'

Yes, it was poorly done. But I think this is a matter of manners, not ethics.
Not responding is rude, but not unethical.

To me, it's a moral matter because it's a question of what's right and what's
wrong. It's wrong to treat people without respect. It is morally wrong to
treat people without respect. The company treated G. without respect and
therefore, it is morally wrong and unethical, in my opinion. Ethics deals with
behavior and the rightness or wrongness of it. Rudeness is surely present
alongside unethical behavior, but treating someone without respect is a lot
more than just rudeness.

Bonnie Granat
GRANAT EDITORIAL SERVICES
http://www.editors-writers.info