Re: Do you voluntarily develop long-term projects on the job?

Subject: Re: Do you voluntarily develop long-term projects on the job?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:57:58 -0700

>I know that most of us are up to our eyeballs in keeping up with the
>incoming workload.
> However, I'd like to know how you approach working on side projects that
>require long term development before introducing tem to your boss.

I often anticipate the needs of our division. It is not uncommon for my boss to request a document or such, and I immediately show him a draft. Since I don't get a lot a management direction, I don't know if you would call it a "side project" or just doing what needs to be done.

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Help protect your PC: Get a free online virus scan at McAfee.com. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963