RE: India - Wave of the Future?

Subject: RE: India - Wave of the Future?
From: Allen Schaaf <soundbyte -at- sound-by-design -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:18:10 -0700

At 09:05 AM 9/2/03, Ganesh P. Kabadi wrote:

[snip]

Lesson I take home? Keep your skills current and yet stay affordable :)

Ganesh,

I don't know where you live, so I might not have the figures correct.

My understanding is that software engineers get from 20,000 to 40,000 rupees per month in India. Is this approximately correct?

What is the rent for a two bedroom apartment without utilities in Bangalore?

A cheap rate in the San Francisco Bay area is about $1000/month, or about 48,000 Indian Rupees.

Tell me how we can live on less money than rent, let alone food?

Thanks,
Allen Schaaf
Information Engineering
http://techwriter.doctordoc.info/

The world is my oyster. Now if I can only
figure out where they hid the pearl....