RE: Is being technical writer boring

Subject: RE: Is being technical writer boring
From: "Victoria Nuttle" <vnuttle -at- cauto -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:21:21 -0500

Like a lot of jobs, there is normally some downtime to deal with in
technical writing. I think a lot of people find it boring because
sometimes you're working at a snail's pace and have to find things to
fill out your day, but then you spent some time working hard to get
something complete for a deadline. If you find the downtime where
you're waiting for reviews back or waiting for a piece of software to
chug out it's magic on your outdated PC as boring, yeah, the job can be
that sometimes. Personally, I take that time as the trade-off for 40+
hour weeks during release times. It all balances out.

Victoria
Victoria J. Nuttle
Technical Writer, Creative Automation
vnuttle -at- cauto -dot- com