RE: India

Subject: RE: India
From: "Anita Lewis" <anital -at- threerivers-cams -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:33:05 -0500

Dan has a point, however, school teachers and police officers are also
experiencing similar situations due to poor economy. In St. Louis, many
police departments are in a hiring freeze, and those officers already
employed are seeing only 1 and 2 percent salary increases, or in some
cases, salary decreases. My brother is a police officer in a
medium-sized municipality and has been trying to get on in another
county for over a year, but there's a hiring freeze. My sister in law
was a school teacher who saw such a dramatic drop in salary this year
that child care cost more than she was being paid, so now she is a stay
home mom. It's not just tech writers who are seeing a drop in
employment due to a poor economy, offshoring, etc.

Anita Lewis
Project Manager
Three Rivers Systems, Inc.