Re: India

Subject: Re: India
From: guy <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:03:02 -0700

Anita Lewis wrote:

Dan has a point, however, school teachers and police officers are also
experiencing similar situations due to poor economy. In St. Louis, many
police departments are in a hiring freeze, and those officers already
employed are seeing only 1 and 2 percent salary increases, or in some

Here in Silicon Valley, it's bad news / good news. Nobody in my
department has seen a salary action in almost 3 years. But the six
of us, down from eleven in February '91, still have jobs. Oh, and
there is a hiring freeze, but our product line is diversifying, so
we need even more documentation.

cases, salary decreases. My brother is a police officer in a
medium-sized municipality and has been trying to get on in another
county for over a year, but there's a hiring freeze. . . .

How about offshoring some of the indirect contributors, like management?

--
Guy K. Haas
guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com | gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net