Re: The ultimate in understatement?

Subject: Re: The ultimate in understatement?
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: Chuck Martin <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 16:22:10 -0500

Uh-hm, off the top of my head I know for sure (208) is Idaho, but the area may be bigger. It be in farm country! Before there were multiple area codes I memorized them all (ok, I never had television.) But the added +1 means the US and Canada, it may be there for other countries, but not the US.

I picked up a great book, techwhirlers, it is called "How Would You Move Mount Fuji?" by William Poundstone. It is about companies like Micorsoft that ask perplexing questions during interviews. I interviewed for a UNIX/Windows sw app online help dev where I was asked why manhole covers were round. This book goes into the answers to questions, like why are beer cans tapered at the top and the bottom.

Michele

--
Michele

"I've learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand." Andy Rooney
www.krautgrrl.com

Chuck Martin wrote:

The list contains precisely one US number:
+1 (1) 208 ...

Now I don't know where 208 is (it's sure not around the company's
headquarters), but wherever it is--especially compared with the entire
country--I'm not sure the places that can dial this number toll free are
"many."

Chuck Martin