Re: The ultimate in understatement?

Subject: Re: The ultimate in understatement?
From: Kevin Cheek <cheek1 -at- sbcglobal -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:00:20 -0700 (PDT)

krautgrrl wrote:

> I interviewed for a UNIX/Windows sw app online help dev where
> I was asked why manhole covers were round.

My answer, many years ago: "for the same reason a trochoid would
work."

Seriously, the idea behind these kind of interview questions (so the
interviewers tell themselves) is to test how well you think on your
feet. The real idea may have more to do with the interviewers
congratulating themselves for being so clever, iconoclastic, and
nerdy.

I have noticed a strong trend away from that kind of interviewing
lately. Have you all noticed that as well?

-Kevin
cheek1 -at- sbcglobal -dot- net