RE: The ultimate in understatement?

Subject: RE: The ultimate in understatement?
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- darrenbarefoot -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:21:22 -0700

It's funny you should mention this. Though I'm pretty happy doing
contract work at the moment, I applied for a particularly interesting
fulltime position. I was contacted today regarding the first step in the
interview process, an IQ test (or, more accurately, a 'logic' test).
What's the whole interview process? It's on their Web site:

1) Application received Please allow us 10 business days to process
your application

2) Q17 Logics Test The purpose of this exam is to test aptitude. You
are given 2 hours to write it. The success rate is less than 20%.

3) PES Test The purpose of this exam is to test "fit". You are given 1
hour to write it. The success rate is 35%.

4) Interview 1 An interview with the Organizational Development
Manager.

5) Interview 2 An hour-long interview with the appropriate management
team.

6) Interview 3 An hour-long interview with the appropriate team
members.

7) Interview 4 An hour-long interview with the CEO or President.

8) Offer Letter

This is a mid-size mature software company. I applied for my first
technical writing job at the same company, and pretty much went through
that exact rigmarole (with maybe only 3 interviews). They offered me a
job, but I went with another, better-located company.

For the sake of politeness, I'm avoiding naming the company (I'm sure
you could find it with the above data and Google). Cheers. DB.