Re: Job Market

Subject: Re: Job Market
From: cor -at- techwritercor -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:13:35 -0600

I've had the same sort of thing happen. I posted my resume on almost
every job board I could find and most of the time, the only people who
would contact me from out-of-state were temporary jobs and they would not
pay for relocation. I was actually offered one job - they found my resume
on monster.com. That job was in MN.

I finally ended up getting two job offers in my area (Western NY) and am
sad to say that they only reason I took one of them is for the benefits.
I won't even be making a living wage. Good thing my spouse is an
engineer. That's all I have to say.

Although, I think once the economy picks up here in the US, there will be
more jobs. I've heard that some good places to look for jobs now if
you're willing to relocate are Southern CA, Colorado, Texas, Florida, NYC,
and Boston.