RE: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?

Subject: RE: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?
From: France Baril <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:05:29 -0400

It seems to me like this discussion is bringing us back to the eternal question: "Do you have to know a field to write about it?". It seems to me that our eternal answer is that it depends what you write about and who your audience is.

Personally, as I am a SME in computing, I would not like to write about biomed as I love what I do because I can bring insights to projects, not just research and write. If tomorrow I found myself in a position where I could not write about software or hardware projects, I would rather move into the analyst's, trainer's or developer's chair than into a biomed tech writer's chair. But then again, my strength is in WHAT I KNOW more than HOW I WRITE... I do not even get to write in my first language.

I guess you guys all know what your own strengths are.

France Baril
Rédactrice Technique / Technical Writer
IXIASOFT
(514) 279-4942
france -dot- baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com

Ce qui se conçoit bien s'énonce clairement, et les mots pour le dire viennent aisément. (Boileau)