RE: Typing requirement in a tech writing ad - how to respond?

Subject: RE: Typing requirement in a tech writing ad - how to respond?
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:01:28 -0400

Why don't you just test your self at home? Find a text, retype it during 5 minutes and count the words and mistakes.

As to why they are asking for this requirement, I'd say they want a woman (men were not taught how to type until very recently) or they do not want someone in their 30's as we were not taught how to type in school or they want a secretary. Let me try another one just for fun: they have no idea what they want...