Re: Framemaker workflow

Subject: Re: Framemaker workflow
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: alessio -at- evolutionbook -dot- com
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:21:49 -0400

alessio -at- evolutionbook -dot- com wrote:

Hi all and excuse me for the poor english.

I need to implement a workflow for production of academic books. The aim
is
to use a workflow which permits to the Authors to work easily with text
and
to creative to make the work in short term, allowing the Authors to change
the text directly in the paginate work, without the needs of knowing the
software directly.

Alessio,

Your publisher might better rethink this scheme. It is not generally a good idea to have academic authors mucking around on composed pages. It is far preferable to have an intermediary professional who can interpret the authors' wishes in the context of the editor's and publisher's policies and defined style.

Dick

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]