Re: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?

Subject: Re: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:50:35 -0400

"John Posada" <JPosada -at- book -dot- com> wrote:
> your whole argument is based on EXTREME conjecture

I called Mr. Caro to confirm, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet... :-)

The point was that in the business IT market for tech writers, domain
knowledge (or lack of it) should not necessarily be a trap, or a barrier to
entry.

Career coaches tell you to prepare to have three or four careers in your
life. If you had to come to a full stop and go back to school to restart
each career, you would spend half your life in school, and the other half
repaying your student loans. But we don't do that - instead, we ace
interviews by successfully convincing the employer we have pertinent skills
and related knowledge. If you view yourself as upwardly mobile, then each
job becomes a springboard to the next - an opportunity to apply your
research and writing skills to acquire new domain knowledge.

Oh, and by the way, as a rhetorical device "huh?" is a little over the top
(although it was cute when it was young)... the only proper response to
"Huh?" is "Duhhhh..."