Re: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?

Subject: Re: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:45:45 -0700 (PDT)

> Hiring managers and recruiters have said that if you
> omit something in
> your cover letter, for example if the ad asks for
> your salary history
> and you don't address it at all, then that is a
> reason to disqualify you
> from the process. It's better to be vague than not
> address something. If
> it's in the ad the company obviously felt that this
> little nugget of
> information is important.

To kinda paraphrase what I said before...

If they overlook you because you failed to address
your wpm rate in your cover letter, you probably don't
want to work there.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com