RE: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?

Subject: RE: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:22:09 -0700 (PDT)

> I may be wrong, or simply naïve, but from what I
> have encountered in my short time in the field
> (roughly 1 year as an actual tech writer), my wpm
> has not come up.

As someone with many more years in the field, it
certainly has *never* come up. Not once. And why
should it? Someone's insecurities from a bad hire in
the past, where someone 2-digited a book and missed a
deadline? Personally, I don't need that kind of
baggage in my manager. Let's face it, they hired a
brick. They should have seen it coming in the
interview, but they didn't. Now their insecurities are
dictating their requirements, which is indicative of
other problems that might surface (micromanaging, for one).

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com