Re: Unsubscribing and HTML e-mail? (was: Blocked)

From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:25:58 -0400

Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

As far as business-to-business marketing messages being "legitimate," unless
I specifically signed up to receive them, as far as I'm concerned they're spam,
and I let the filter kill, blacklist and bounce them back to sender. People who
send out unsolicited marketing emails and tell themselves they're not spammers
are just deluding themselves.

Ours are opt-in, Gene. If you missed the beginning of the thread, we underwrite free continuing-education-type webinars and seminars for people with a subject-matter interest in what we do. We don't sell anything or solicit anything in these mailings; it's strictly an effort to build industry good will. We provide one-click unsubscribe in every mailing for people who decide they are no longer interested.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]