Re: Unsubscribing and HTML e-mail? (was: Blocked)

From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:43:58 -0400

Hart, Geoff wrote:

Contrary to what you might expect, MIME encoding is a reasonable
solution--it's what we use for our newsletter. Yes, the bandwidth
requirements are higher _when the e-mail is downloaded_, but the overall
effect on the user should be nearly identical to the alternative (linking to
the graphic)

Geoff,

The effect on the user should be nearly identical, but look at all those bytes that are being transmitted in the first place, before the question ever arises of whether the user opens the message to read it.

Dick

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]