RE: Re: Unsubscribing and HTML e-mail? (was: Blocked)

From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: margulis -at- fiam -dot- net
Date: 12 Sep 2003 19:52:36 GMT

Well, in my filtering scheme, your emails would pass because
I'd tag the first email as "valid" and my filter would then
remember that (unless, of course, my failing memory causes
me to forget that I'd signed up in the first place).

As far as getting your emails past these admin filters,
what it appears you need to do is change the way you tell
people to unsubscribe, for example, have the link say
something like, "to leave the list, click here." Obviously,
though, you'll always have to keep an eye out for new
phrasing used by spammers and rewrite as needed to keep
your messages unique.

Gene Kim-Eng