Re: DB app recommendations?

Subject: Re: DB app recommendations?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:53:53 -0700

So far, nobody has mentioned mySQL or postgres, the two leading open source databases. I'm far from a database expert, but I'd judge mySQL noticeably slower than Oracle. However, that shouldn't matter much unless you're dealing with massive amounts of data. I"ve heard, but can't confirm that postgres is fster. But, with either one, the price is right.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Some are here working on a passage to heaven
And others they can't carry that load
A few are left singing the blues on Purgatory Road"
- Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Purgatory Road"

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com