Re: Performance appraisals

Subject: Re: Performance appraisals
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:34:21 -0600

On 17 Sep 2003 at 11:23, Julie Leake wrote:

> My supervisor, who is a programmer, asked me what I thought should be
> included in my performance evaluations. Do any of you have thoughts on
> what should go into a performance evaluation, or do you know know where
> I could get something to use as a model?

My performance evaluation is no different than any other of the
professional staff's in the company:

1. What projects have you been working on? What ones were
completed? What was not completed that should have been? How
do you feel about the objectives in the last performance review?

2. What routine work load do you carry outside of project oriented
work? What opportunity is there for delegation of routine work,
providing written instructions, or automation to improve operational
efficiency?

3. Are you effective in communication, teamwork, and decision
making? What work habits or skills would have the greatest impact
on improving your accomplishments or productivity?

4. What objectives do you have for the next 12 months?

5. List any issues regarding resources (equipment, labor, training,
facilities, etc.) that should be considered to improve your productivity
or that are not presently available to carry out your objectives.

6. Please discuss any issues of company policy or practice with
which you are uncomfortable.

7. General comments:

Dana W.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com