Re: Tests for a Contract TWing Opp.

Subject: Re: Tests for a Contract TWing Opp.
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:14:09 -0600

Take the test. Where's the harm?

If you do well, good for you. If you don't, and that's the only way to
impress that particular recruiter, hey, you took a shot.

I took timed writing and logic tests to get my first job, and was told
that my work on those tests was a big part of how I won the job. So I'm
prejudiced.

I don't see the whole "it's an affront to me" thing. We have to do all
sorts of less-than-palatable things to get jobs, and to *keep* those jobs.
Taking a test is like wearing a suit to an interview: it's a pain, but may
be a necessary evil.

And I don't know about you, but some of the assignments and deadlines I've
been given have been far more annoying than a couple hours spent doing a
test to impress somebody who could potentially hook me up with a better
job. I daresay most of us who are working deal with similar or worse
"affronts" almost daily. That's why we don't do this stuff for free.

A test might lead you to a great job and/or more money. I'd take it in a
heartbeat.

Keith Cronin
will doc for food

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com