Re: re Ethical dilemma

Subject: Re: re Ethical dilemma
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:26:57 -0400

Someone wrote:
> You know she's stealing from the company.

Mark replied:
Actually we don't even know that. Is she taking a
beach parasol with her when she goes on sick leave?
Or maybe she really does have an ailment that requires
a lot of time off work? Maybe the manager is aware and
the company is deliberately giving her extra sick leave
that isn't technically recorded as such?

There is another possibility. In companies without an official telecommuting policy, managers occasionally allow employees with medical or family issues to work from home. As long as your co-worker is getting her work done on time and her manager is approving the time sheets, it ain't nobody else's bidness.
--
K@ Kat Nagel
giving thanks for the times when sensible managers

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com