Re: re Ethical dilemma

Subject: Re: re Ethical dilemma
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:06:24 -0400

Mark's suggestion is a possibility. I got a letter from my director recently notifying me that I have only a half sick day left for 2003. I talked to my manager and she talked to the director, and she came back and told me that if I need more sick days, they would conceal it somehow from HR.

I used to handle this by e-mailing or taking paperwork home or asking coworkers to send to me, and putting in as many productive hours as possible. However, we aren't allowed to do work at home anymore without advance permission.

Problem is, the HR letter said that taking that many sick days is going to be reflected on my annual performance.

From: "nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
Actually we don't even know that. Is she taking a
beach parasol with her when she goes on sick leave?
Or maybe she really does have an ailment that requires
a lot of time off work? Maybe the manager is aware and
the company is deliberately giving her extra sick leave
that isn't technically recorded as such? Till one knows,
one never knows...

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com