RE: Author, author

Subject: RE: Author, author
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:55:03 -0700 (PDT)

> I'd like to think that you are right. However, if
> you are, why do tech-writers
> in general have such a low reputation among other
> technology professionals?
> Even if you attribute it to blind prejudice,
> something must have created and
> sustained that reputation.

Are you saying we do something to perpetuate the tech
writer stigma? That we're under-valued/unappreciated?
Why, that's the most absurd thing I ever heard! Mind
you, sir, if you read my 4000 page dissertation on the
usability benefits of using two spaces after a period,
you'd quickly change your tune! Now I'd love to sit
and discuss this further, but I just heard my
co-worker hand in his time sheet. After I photocopy it
for safe-keeping, then run down to QA to see if
they've read my updated chapter I handed them 2 hours
ago before their weekly bug-filtering meeting, and
then e-mail a developer about getting him to write the
API stuff for me, and of course then run out to take
care of my dry cleaning, I'll come back and see how
this discussion is going. ;)

What? I'm *not* paid to read techwr-l all day? NO
WAY!!! I QUIT!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

(Sorry for the silliness, everyone... it's been a
doosey of a day)

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://shopping.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com