Seeking Demonstration Software Advice

Subject: Seeking Demonstration Software Advice
From: Marge_Faber -at- amway -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 08:04:44 -0400

Our department recently developed an in-house software application that is
available to and widely used by other departments in the company. However,
when training was offered to the other departments, many chose to ignore it
and the tech writer who was originally involved in the training and who
developed the on-line now help gets many calls for "How do I. . .?"

The on-line help is thorough and well presented, but many people prefer to
be walked or talked through the typical tasks for the first time. To
minimize the time the tech writer spends on the phone and to make training
available to users at any time, we are considering developing
demonstrations via products like Camtasia (TechSmith) or RoboDemo (ehelp).
That way users could see/hear an explanation of the task they need to do.
Tools we currently use include SnagIt and RoboHelp (HTML2002r2).

What experience do any of you have with either Camtasia or RoboDemo?
Viewlet Builder (Qarbon), according to what I read in the archives, may be
another possibility.

Please reply to the list; I'm on digest.

Thanks

Marge Faber
Technical Writer, ABG

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3