Re: Question about Technical Book Publishers

Subject: Re: Question about Technical Book Publishers
From: Sean Wheller <seanwhe -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 04:42:02 -0700 (PDT)

--- Text Excellence
<robert -dot- kennedy -at- textexcellence -dot- com> wrote:

> Hey Whirlers,
>
> For those who've published conventional
> books of a technical nature: can you explain
> to me whether material you submit for evaluation
> has been respected for its copyright or not?
>
> I've got a "hot" topic and a few publishers want
> to look at more information. One wants 2 sample
> chapters. Could such a submission strike you
> as risky?

Bobby,

I assume you have sent them the outline and they have
informed you that they MAY be interested, but would
like to see a sample.

This is common practice. Especially if you are not an
already published author. I've found that the
respectable companies will conduct themselves in an
appropriate manner.

If you have reason to believe otherwise, post them and
yourself a copy, by registered mail, on the sameday.

Hope this helps.

Sean Wheller

http://shopping.yahoo.com

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3