Re: credibility (longish but IMO worth reading)

Subject: Re: credibility (longish but IMO worth reading)
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:36:20 -0700 (PDT)

Geez, Goob, you made me blush. <g>

Nice post. You are right.

I have had e-mail googled and taken out of context
(and it was a techwr-l e-mail), and have considered
being anonymous ... but that's not who I am. I'm
rarely more than 50% serious online, am open, am not a
22-yr. old blond nympho, and what you read is pretty
much what you get.

At work, any employer I've had, pick one, this stand
up and get it done sort of approach makes me
ill-suited for office politics, and that's my failing.
At this point, am not going to bother working too hard
to overcome it, either. Old dog, new tricks, and all
that stuff. I'll leave any deceit and outright lies to
others who are better at it.

Thanks again Goob!

Cheers,

Sean

--- Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> Sean,
>
> If someone with your skills and know-how needs to
> trade money for credibility, then there is something
> tragically wrong with our profession. You would
> think
> that the STC, IEEE, and other organizations would
> showcase people with such demonstrated abilities and
> excellence in the field OUTSIDE of their "closed
> community".
>
> This certainly isn't a knock against you, or anyone
> else for that matter. It just strikes me as odd -
> degree discussion aside - that damned good tech
> writers need to struggle so hard to gain acceptance
> and credibility within the industries their
> profession
> touches.

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com