Re: Simple question... how much is reasonable?

Subject: Re: Simple question... how much is reasonable?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:40:04 -0700

I want to approach them and offer to do the work for them. What is a 'reasonable' rate for this type of work?

This comes under the category of "negotiating." Figure out how much time it will take you to write a page of instructions, multiply this by the amount you expect per hour, then add some factor to account for taxes and other expenses. The actual amount will depend on your experience, abilities, geographic location, etc., etc...

Heck, I'd even be interested in trading the work for canoeing equipment :-)

Sounds like a great idea to me! As I said, this comes under the category of "negotiating"...

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy patented spam protection and more. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com