Re: CMS, Dictionary, UC or LC?

Subject: Re: CMS, Dictionary, UC or LC?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:46:18 -0700

Here's my two cents worth...

For 70 pages the words "mother" and "father" are in upper case, and then suddenly on page 75, chapter 10, they are lower case.

If "mother" and "father" are names or titles, they should be in upper case. Otherwise, lower case.

My mother sent me to the store.
A wonderful woman, Mother Theresa, was a nun in India.

My client is having a hissy fit because she thinks "some" numbers should be spelled out and some should be figures..

Back in my "old lady" classes, I was taught to spell out the numbers from one to ten, and write the rest with digits. YMMV.

In addition she randomly uses quotes which make me want to scream! I am pulling quotes from things like: "store bought" meaning store bought clothes instead of homemade.

I avoid using quotes in formal writing, but do use them sometimes in informal writing (see "old lady" above.)

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Help protect your PC. Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com