Re: I got thrown for a loop.

Subject: Re: I got thrown for a loop.
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:32:24 -0400

Chuck Martin wrote:
> My manager, who is Marketing Director (yeah, I know....), and who has
shared
> my passion for creating usable products, wrote this response: "And what is
> the benefit of the user knowing who they are?"

Security. It allows the user to verify their own identity, which provides an
additional security check. Imagine a scenario where someone is sharing a PC
and inadvertently leaves a browser open while logged in. This could probably
happen in a family that shares a PC but has separate accounts.

The user's name is probably held in session data so it's relatively cheap to
add the name to the pages.

That's funny, though...Marketing Directors usually don't pass up the
opportunity to personalize something. Why the resistance?

Mike O.

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com