Re: I got thrown for a loop.

Subject: Re: I got thrown for a loop.
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:57:35 -0400

Off the top of my head, before reading any other responses: the personalization at the top of the page assures the user that, yes, we know who you are, you are in fact signed in to your own account and no one else's, so this possibly indicates a secure connection, and you can be assured that because we know who YOU are, we also know who everyone else is who uses this site, and we don't get you all mixed up. So when you log in to our site with your user ID and password to access your account, you can be sure that when you order an item and pay for it with your credit card, that it will be shipped to you at home in brown paper wrapping, and no one else will ever know what it was and that it was for you.

Just off the top of my head, mind you.

The standard of behavior we exhibit during emergencies is not scary; on the contrary. It is a demonstration of how pleasant life can be when people treat one another courteously.
--Judith Martin (Miss Manners)

From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
I could use a little feedback here. I made a suggestion that I believe is a
good one, that is something I've seen elsewhere--all over, as a matter of
fact--that is incedibly helpful. When I suggested it, I got a response that
sort of floored me, and now I'm at loggerheads trying to come up with
concrete reasons. I'm reaching out for some suggestions.

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com