RE: RE: Re: Adobe adds product activation

Subject: RE: RE: Re: Adobe adds product activation
From: "techwr" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 21 Oct 2003 22:26:47 GMT

I don't know how things are where you work, but in all the
places I've been, apps like Adobe FM and Acrobat didn't
even register on the sysadmin radar. They were concerned
primarily with what everyone used, like MS Office, Lotus
Notes, etc. Those of us using "odd" things that didn't
take up a couple of dozen or more seats were always left
to fend for ourselves, and our decisions whether to buy
upgrades were made long before the sysadmins ever got into
it (and I didn't leave out the cost/training/downtime managerial concerns). In all the years I've been using
FM and Acrobat, nobody has ever installed either program
for me, even in companies where you had to call IT just to
load a Word SR.

As for MS apps, I am pretty much ignoring them, because
any co with 5 or more seats will probably just buy the
corporate editions and not have to worry about activation
at all.

Gene Kim-Eng