Re: Starting a documentation team

Subject: Re: Starting a documentation team
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

> I am supposed to create a proposal and a plan for
> this in a week's time.
> I would like to know the considerations, training
> requirements (for self),
> challenges, or any other information/ ideas anyone
> may have.

Well, coming up with a plan and proposal doesn't mean
you're good to go in a week. It means you've
solidified a direction, and now have to act on it.
Once you have a plan and a proposal outlining the
plan, you can then begin to think about specific role
requirements, training, and the like.

Talk to other department managers in your company. If
you are to be the manager, you need to align your
department with theirs. There may already be specific
role requirements for general company use. You
shouldn't need to start from scratch with this, but
you certainly will need to do some heavy
customization.

I'm not sure if that helps you or not, but the first
place to seek help is definitely within your
organization. You don't want to go off on your own and
spend a week building a plan that will never be accepted.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://shopping.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com