Re: googling gone awry? or is the help really THAT bad?

Subject: Re: googling gone awry? or is the help really THAT bad?
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:14:40 -0400

At 01:11 PM -0400 2003-10-23, Andrea Brundt wrote:

We just got an email from a client asking if we would ever consider shipping
"a software development tool called 'RoboHelp' that is useful for
customizing help files" along with our product. This client thinks it would
be great if we delivered not only a help file, but also this nifty little
add-in that they can use to make the help file suit their needs.

I suggest replying:
"Of course. For an extra $(at least 10% higher than the RoboHelp retail price) we would be happy to ship you the next version of our product with the additional application you requested. Of course, at that price we won't be able to provide technical support for RoboHelp. You will need to register the application yourself to access their tech support services."

Then call eHelp (or, real soon now, Macromedia) and apply for a reseller discount.
--
K@ Kat Nagel

.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com