Re: Can't search the PDF file. (Happier day)

Subject: Re: Can't search the PDF file. (Happier day)
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:14:36 -0700 (PDT)

I cannot sympathize. I have not experienced this
problem at all. I create PDFs using FM 7 almost daily,
and every one of them comes out beautifully with all
the features turned on that I tell it to.

I can understand you're frustrated, but this is
definitely not normal FM behavior. Somethign is amiss
in your situation.

I e-mailed you earlier asking for specifics on your
setup, including the order in which everything was
installed. If you would like help in troubleshooting
your problem, please provide this information to me
and to the others who have offered you assistance.
Otherwise you're just blowing steam, which is human
and mentally helpful, but not productive.

- Goober

--- Emily Berk <emily -at- armadillosoft -dot- com> wrote:
> Don't you think that I should be able to go File,
> Save As, PDF and have that PDF have all the features
> that sure typical PDF might have such as be
> searchable
>
> WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE A COURSE IN ACROBAT first?
>
> I mean, I can go into Word (and I have not invested
> anywhere near as much money or time in Word as I
> have in Adobe products) Save As PDF and get my
> searchable PDF in seconds with out Shlomo's help.
>
> Sheesh.
>
> And the point is, my difficulties with producing
> searchable PDFs from FM have driven a final nail
> into the coffin of me being allowed to use FM at
> work, which was something I was actually making some
> progress on. I really was -- am -- on Adobe's side.
>
> --Emily, who is emphatically NOT the only one who
> had problems in 5.5.6, 6.0 or 7 Saving As PDF from
> FM and who is emphatically not the only one who's
> had problems producing searchable PDFs.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://shopping.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com