Re: What to do?

Subject: Re: What to do?
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:52:42 -0500

k k wrote:

I can't resist.
Gene:
You wrote

More like "should be." I'd feel a lot more
comfortable
about my medical insurance if it *was* written by
doctors

Of course what Gene _meant_ to say is that he'd feel a lot more comfortable ... if it *were* written by doctors ;-)

It takes a long time for a man to become truly
knowledgeable in malpractice laws and/or insurance
laws. Will your opinion still hold if you look up from
the operating table and realize that for years he's
spent more time reading tort cases than the AMA
Journal?
:-)

Careful there, k k. Your writing skills may have gotten ahead of your reading skills. Gene never said that a policy writer should be a _practicing_ physician, only that someone with a medical degree might do a better job of policy writing than someone without such a degree. Insurance companies employ many non-practicing physicians, so Gene's preference is hardly a stretch. Gene also never suggested that either insurance policy writers or surgeons are invariably male, and I wonder why you make the assumption that they are.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com