Re: Microsoft wants journalists, not tech writers?

Subject: Re: Microsoft wants journalists, not tech writers?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:47:52 -0800

Quoting Lois Patterson <skycerulean -at- yahoo -dot- com>:

> It sounds to me like Microsoft wants its online help
> to be as interesting as magazine articles.

Maybe it's based on the assumption that computer journalists are more likely to
be knowledgable about technology, or more careful about learning it?

If so, they may be in for a shock. I know one journalist who gave a rave review
for a new product by a company I had just quit. For me, the result was tempered
by the fact that I knew for certain that only a mock-up of the product was ever
produced, because the company declared bankruptcy before manufacturing could
begin. He apparently wrote the review entirely from product specs.

--
Bruce Byfield bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com 604-421.7177

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com