Re: position process

Subject: Re: position process
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:20:06 -0800

"G. Abenhaim" <g -dot- abenhaim -at- nhc -dot- com> wrote in message news:218678 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-
> I had applied for a position not too long ago and got a phone call this
> week. The HR peson tells me the process is they have a phone interview
first
> and then if it has good results, only then do you get an interview in
> person.
> Anybody heard of that before?

Done it plenty of times. Phone interviews are useful for screening.
Interviewers can ask problem-solving questions to discover if the knowledge
and esperience you claim on your resume and cover letter are accurate. Also
can get the beginnings of the "fit" equation.

One short contract I got earlier this year from just the phone interview
(although I had been recommended by a former manager).

Chuck Martin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com