FW: RE: Calling PDF Form-fill experts

Subject: FW: RE: Calling PDF Form-fill experts
From: "Rob Partridge" <rob -at- holly -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:44:44 +1100

Hi Gerri,

Sure you can... You can change a bunch of field characteristics
programmatically depending on values, or button presses or whatever...

Read the Fields section of AcroJS.pdf doc you should have got with
Acrobat. It's on p38 of the version 4 docs. Think you'll find it in
Adobe/Acrobat/Help in your install directory.

Anyway, you can use a field's "hidden" property. You need to append this
code to where you are calculating the total:

var cell = this.getField("FieldYouWantToHide");
var total = this.getField("SumTotalField");

if (total.value == 0) {
cell.hidden = true;
} else {
cell.hidden = false;
}

That should do it. I used a similar piece of code to change a field from
readonly to writeable and from grey to yellow on the click of an option
button.

Email if you need more help.

Rob Partridge
Technical Writer
Holly Australia

> Geraldine Barnes-Hampton wrote:
>
> I would like to be able to :
>
> HIDE TotalField IF TotalField = 0
> DISPLAY TotalField IF TotalField NOT = 0

> Q1. Is this possible?
> Q2. Do I need a script or is there something simple I can put
> in the Options, Default field?

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com