Word printing problem

Subject: Word printing problem
From: "Rob Partridge" <rob -at- holly -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:45:25 +1100

Hi all,

I've got a document with about 25 pages of tables of various sizes (none
of them more than a page in length). The tables all have a shaded
heading, and mixtures of types of gridlines in them. Generally they have
thin lines inside, and thick borders. When I completed it, my client
said it took about 30mins to print. No good for them.

So, thinking it was a doc error, I did a copy paste into a new doc
excluding the last paragraph mark thinking that there was a bug. No joy.
Then I recreated the doc, pasting the text into a new doc and
reformatting the tables, etc. In doing so, forgot to do the internal
gridlines. The print time was down to 2mins!

Unfortunately they complained about the missing gridlines, so I added
them back in. Guess what... print time back up to 30mins. Any ideas why
adding thin gridlines to a few tables would cause problems?

Rob Partridge

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com