RE: Basic questions on technical writing

Subject: RE: Basic questions on technical writing
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:43:36 -0500

Avanti asked:

> What is the tool that is the latest hype for Technical
> writing? What is
> the advantage of using the rtf format for technical writing?
> And whats the
> advantage of using Adobe framemaker?
> Are there any rules to be followed for the end user documentation?

That's a mighty wide road you're trying to span.

My questions:
* What is the reason for posing these questions in particular?
* Have you checked the TECHWR-L archives?

Generally, you can rely on getting better responses from the list if you let
us know -why- you need these answers and -what- you've done to find the
answers on your own. Within that, we're usually pretty helpful.

One of the most important skills for a tech writer is self-motivation in
digging for information. Another necessary skill is the ability to identify
the needle in a haystack. We're not shy--chances are, you'll find your
answers in the archives. If not, at least you should have some idea of how
to refine your questions so you'll get the answers you need.

Cheers ... Kim
kim.roper at pixelink.com

Technical Writers do it in styles.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com