Re: Is it Kosher to chat up future bosses/co-workers?

Subject: Re: Is it Kosher to chat up future bosses/co-workers?
From: "Paul Goble" <pg -at- pgcommunication -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:20:16 -0700

> Would it be improper to seek out my likely-soon-to-be new
> co-workers for a little informal chatting about tools and
> working methods, before the deal goes through?

Companies sometimes set up a formal "clean room" where they
exchange information before a deal is 100% final. The distinguishing
feature of these clean rooms is that active employees of the two
companies have NO direct contact: they're staffed by an independent
third party or by employees who are told that they'll be let go if the
merger/acquisition falls through. To me, this implies that there
are some big legal considerations involved with chatting up your
future co-workers.

Paul

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com